Phez appetizers

My neighbor gave me 4 pheasants. He asked me to make an appetizer for his football party Saturday. Besides poppers does anyone have a favorite app that will be a sure fire hit?

I dice them up and bread them then fry them in my air fryer. Add your favorite dipping sauce. Fairly easy and I haven't had a person notice yet it's not chicken.

I cut them in chunks, fry some bacon, but make sure it's not crispy it's still soft. Brown the pheasant chunks in bacon grease. Take a chunk of pheasant wrap in bacon poke a toothpick, and add a chunk of pineapple, and a sliced water chestnut to the toothpick. Put them on a baking sheet and put your favorite bbq sauce on them and bake for 20 mins at 350. Delish. They won't last long.

I'll put a dry rub on boned-out, skinned breasts preferably the night before. The smoke them at about 250 degrees for 45 minutes or so. It's a pretty fine line between too done and not done enough. They should still be pliable, but not "floppy", and almost pink. I slice them thinly across the grain and serve them with a sauce that's pretty close to this:

My family asks me to make it every thanksgiving.

I dry rub then grille to finish. Let cool, run thru a meat grinder along with a onion. Then add mayo or salad dressing, and some pickle relish till it has a texture of a pate. Serve with Club crackers. There won't be any leftovers..

Back