pheasants

birddog3412

Leaving Friday for South Dakota. Will be hunting public and private ground between Webster and Aberdeen. Looks like it is going to be pretty cold, maybe the birds will sit tight. How has the hunting been? Are most of the crops out?

you will have fun.
just returned.
lots of birds and corn is coming out fast.
hunt next to the corn stubble when possible.
birds are starting to bunch up.
one guy in our group killed 2 birds with one shot.
first time I have seen that one.
best of luck and dress warm.
also--keep an eye out for the grouse -we saw several groups.

G Man didn't know u snuck back up to gods country. thought u were froze up in MO. :D glad u had a good trip. Headed north on tues. WX suppose to warm up some :cheers:

you will have fun.
just returned.
lots of birds and corn is coming out fast.
hunt next to the corn stubble when possible.
birds are starting to bunch up.
one guy in our group killed 2 birds with one shot.
first time I have seen that one.
best of luck and dress warm.
also--keep an eye out for the grouse -we saw several groups.

sd

Awesome hunt. really cold on Monday, but we still got 15 of our 18 birds. Saturday and wednesday we had great weather (high teens) birds sat good, had some really good dog work. 6 of us hunting we got 12 to 16 birds the first four days, limited out our last day. Really good time

Congrats! Sounds like you had a great time. After you shoot the first bird, it aint near as cold! Thanks for sharing. :10sign:

Merry Christmas
Rod​

I viewed the pics, Nice! Did u hunt public land wild birds or pay preserve? The one pic where the guy is holding a beer is definitly my style after a good hunt and the guns are put away:cheers:

pictures

We have been going to South Dakota several years, we have gotten to know several farmers that let us hunt on them. Our first few years we hunted public ground, some good days and some bad. This is the first year we have hunted strictly private ground. These are all wild birds, I can hunt preserve birds at home.

We have been going to South Dakota several years, we have gotten to know several farmers that let us hunt on them. Our first few years we hunted public ground, some good days and some bad. This is the first year we have hunted strictly private ground. These are all wild birds, I can hunt preserve birds at home.

Need a tag along to split expenses sometime let me know, I have 1 Setter and will be adding 1 this summer!

Back