pheasants

sanjuandel

my pheasant hunt in iowa won't happen. i'm in reno,anyone done any hunting up at susanvillle or lone pine? any other decent priced and decent bird hunts within driving distance from me? i have my own dog. thanks.

thanks for the help,trully appreciated. i talked to sean at lone pine,they plant the night before. two ranches one flat and one with rocks,boulders and climbing. i'm from western wash. and any birds that survived a weekend,either because of rain,or lack of hunters got very smart,very quickly.they were just overwhelmed by too many hunters,in too little of space.i enjoy the hunting,not worried about small details.thanks

thanks for the help,trully appreciated. i talked to sean at lone pine,they plant the night before. two ranches one flat and one with rocks,boulders and climbing. i'm from western wash. and any birds that survived a weekend,either because of rain,or lack of hunters got very smart,very quickly.they were just overwhelmed by too many hunters,in too little of space.i enjoy the hunting,not worried about small details.thanks

Let me know how it goes, wherever you go. I'll be heading out to the local places this year, as I won't be traveling to hunt. Bummer.

In my opinion, a day in the field is still a great day.

sooty grouse

hi iam new to the forum.went out hunting yesterday in medo forest west of willows seen healthy covey of 20+ mtn quail got 2! seen my first sooty grouse but no shot. seing most quail at 5000ft

SanJuanDel, if you want to work your dog check out the Lahontan Valley Bird Dog Club in Fallon. I was just there this past weekend and they run a topnotch show. We had a competititon and on Friday they had over 90 runs which they got off in under 7 hours, without a hitch. Great bunch of people and you can't beat thier $10 chukar prices. I don't think they use pheasant tho.

lvbdc.com

There is also a Washoe Valley Club but I have no experience with them. Lovelock has a club as well.

Back