Pheasants Forever Magazine

Dakotazeb

If you look on page 127 of the latest edition (just got mine today) in the "Days Gone By" section there is a photo I submitted of a hunt in the Canby, MN area in 1963.

If you look on page 127 of the latest edition (just got mine today) in the "Days Gone By" section there is a photo I submitted of a hunt in the Canby, MN area in 1963.

Gotta go check mail box... Should be in there...

Have not hunted the area in almost 5-6 years now got way to hectic once new hotel came... I found out I don't have to go quit that far west ... Had my 1st pheasant hunts out there Hun's used to be seen regularly when I started out but not lately.

I still stop at the runnings & buy ammo on my way to SD used to have a Lil pheasant opener party type gig at the VFW...

Gotta go check mail box... Should be in there...

Have not hunted the area in almost 5-6 years now got way to hectic once new hotel came... I found out I don't have to go quit that far west ... Had my 1st pheasant hunts out there Hun's used to be seen regularly when I started out but not lately.

I still stop at the runnings & buy ammo on my way to SD used to have a Lil pheasant opener party type gig at the VFW...

The VFW is no longer there. They sold it to a private party and is now called Hero's Sports Bar. Totally remodeled.

The VFW is no longer there. They sold it to a private party and is now called Hero's Sports Bar. Totally remodeled.

Yes I seen that new bar is it new building now??? I always stop at the Casey's for pizza & gas on way home from SD think we went to that bar a few year ago after the VFW closed got a room 1 night instead of driving home with a group of guys rained so no hunt around there that trip...

Hope the birds are coming back was slim pickings around there my last hand full of hunts

Yes I seen that new bar is it new building now??? I always stop at the Casey's for pizza & gas on way home from SD think we went to that bar a few year ago after the VFW closed got a room 1 night instead of driving home with a group of guys rained so no hunt around there that trip...

Hope the birds are coming back was slim pickings around there my last hand full of hunts

The change over from the VFW to Hero's happened the fall of 2014. And yes, birds have been down in the Canby area for several years.

Contributions like yours help make it a good read. Thanks!

Back