pheasants during deer season

woodsman

Hi,thinking of coming out the first week of December which is the firearm deer season,will this be a problem for pheasant hunting or not.We're coming from michigan where during our deer season everything is closed down,any advice will be greatly appreciated.Thanks

We'll be hunting around Smith Center,but I meant all the hunting seasons for birds close because there are so many hunters.Is that a problem in Kansas or is pheasant hunting during deer season perfectly fine?

It is legal to hunt pheasant during dear season. Make sure you have orange on.

I do it every year. The orange is important, and expect the walk-in that holds deer will be pounded by deer hunters. Same story on any other public land. I've never had any problems.

Never had a problem, but i hunt the open grass areas. the shelter belts, woodlots usually have folks driving deer, and i suppose guys are up in the trees. Always wanted to carry a rifle while bird hunting, I have kicked up some very large bucks out of the grass.

If I was you I would pick a different time to come. Deer hunting in Kansas is getting more and more popular 5 years ago not a problem at all. But last year when I was out deer hunting. I saw trucks from all states driving around as far as Alaska. And hunting every piece of walk in land around. They would drop 2-3 off and drive to other side to see if they push any deer out. Luckily I have private ground to hunt. But caught some out of state people glassing my land. Made me wonder if they hunted it or someone else. Come any other time in December except for deer season and you will have more places to hunt and peace of mind.

Back