Pheasant Newbie

MaineMan

Hello folks!

My friend and I are in the Army, stationed in beautiful Colorado. We've hunted just about everything this great state has to offer, from Elk to prairie dog. Now it's time for us to hit the skies and try out some bird hunting.

I've been doing some research for the past two weekends, and have narrowed my search down to a large hunting area, based on distance and availibility of birds. Right now I'm looking to hit the Kit Carson/Cheyenne Wells area.

I was wondering if anyone here might have some tips for me in this area. I have a gps and a 1:50,000 map, and would gladly take some grids if you have any. I've marked on my map the areas that are part of the walk-in access program. I'm trying my best to ensure this hunt will be successful, however if anyone knows of a particular field or whatnot, that'd be most helpful.

I'd appreciate any information that I can get. Happy hunting all!!!

I hit the WIAs in the area yesterday for the first time. Got a limit, but walked about 8 different areas and put in about 10 miles. Keep going until you find birds, you will, but you have to earn them! Bring plenty of water in the field for your dog as well.

Right on brother! Gonna hit it up the weekend of the 3rd. No problem with putting in the miles... these boots were made for walking... as long as they lead me to game!

Back