Pheasant Hunting Tournaments for the average hunting dog

ROCK

With the bird season winding down,I found a hunt club that runs a pheasant tournament for pointers and flushers.It's pretty reasonably priced and offers trophies and cash prizes.They have two regionals and then their championship.They start in mid-January and the hunt club's name is Rooster Heaven.It is north of Forrest,IL. and south of Dwight,IL. They have a web site with their rules and entry forms at www.roosterheaven.com .

great place to hunt... I am thinking about entering the tournament this year.. Reasonably priced tho?? I guess it depends on your income but 200 bucks seems expensive to me

Petrey, Rooster Heaven really is one of the nicest hunt clubs around as far as good cover,great clubhouse and friendly people running it.
I agree that $175 for two runs is alot of money but for me it's alot closer than Pheasant Hunters Unlimited events and the people don't seem nearly as competitive plus once the wild bird season ends,it still gives me and the pooch something to do!!

The deadline is this saturday Jan 10th for the 1st. regional.I believe you can phone in your application for those interested.

Back