Pheasant Forever banquets starting

I live in Amarillo and hunt the Panhandle. Last weekend we quail hunted around Tulia. We tried to hit just our honey holes because it was going to get hot in the afternoon. We didn't see a single quail or pheasant. I am hoping they were just hanging out in the uncut milo fields. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I live in Amarillo and hunt the Panhandle. Last weekend we quail hunted around Tulia. We tried to hit just our honey holes because it was going to get hot in the afternoon. We didn't see a single quail or pheasant. I am hoping they were just hanging out in the uncut milo fields. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Our quail numbers here in the Rolling Plains where I live are at least huntable this year, if a person shows some restraint.

I’m afraid our Texas panhandle pheasants are pretty much done for, especially in the south plains. There’s just not enough CRP or other suitable habitat left for them. Then we get a crippling drought every few years. It’s a sad situation, especially compared to what things were like in the 1980’s and 1990’s.

I wish we had a PF banquet around here. I live in Northwest TN close to the Kentucky border and I don't really know how far the closest banquet would be but I know of several that would be willing to drive a hundred miles to get to one.

Back