Pheasant Country Lodge-Redfield, SD

BirdyBlackDog

Does anyone have any info on the Pheasant Country Lodge in Redfield? I'm thinking about staying there. Lodge accommodations? Hunting ground quality? Bird numbers, etc?

This is a great place to stay, great home owners !! Marie may or may not have hunting grounds, there are some good public areas close by, may want to find pay for day hunts on private land close by. Once again GREAT people to work with !!!

just north

Does anyone have any info on the Pheasant Country Lodge in Redfield? I'm thinking about staying there. Lodge accommodations? Hunting ground quality? Bird numbers, etc?

this past December 17-20, 2014 we stayed about 15 miles north of Redfield at northern plains outfitters....we hunted only wild birds...we (two guys) got 25 roosters in five days but only hunted parts of two days because of bison hunts.....my point to be made is that rooms were as homey as I have ever stayed in..they were homes with all the fixings....I was really impressed...and the separate lodge and bountiful food were first class.....but most importantly the owners(guides) were also first class , hard working, knowledgeable and extremely personable.....that late in the season hens were plentiful but had to work for the roosters...they also have early release fields, those hunters were done in an hour and were happy as hell

I've been a pheasant guide in WI for the last 6 years (150 guides the last two years)and knows what it take to create a great hunt...and they were on the money

Back