Petzl XP Headlamp

Labman

Anyone else like these headlamps. I just bought the Petzl XP Headlamp last night, got to try it out camping. I had a hard time justifying $60 for a headlamp, but I guess you get what you pay for. It's pretty sweet. I got it from Cabelas and basically bought because it got very good reviews, and alot of them. Some of it's featurs are below. I think I'll definately get alot of use out of this thing whether it's hunting, fishing, camping, or just out in the yard. Anyone else have one of these or a different brand that they like?
Just curious if alot of others like these things or not.

Single high-output 1-watt LED
Three lighting levels (maximum, optimum and economy)
Boost mode
Wide-angle lens diffuser and an emergency blinker
Adjustable headband and tilt-adjustable lamp body
Weighs only 3.4 oz.

Additional Info
â?¢ Field Test Report
â?¢ Buyer's Guide
Voted "Field and Stream's" Best of the Best in 2006! The TacTikka XP features a single high-output 1-watt LED which offers three lighting levels; maximum (50-hour run time), optimum (80-hour run time) and economy (120-hour run time) along with a boost mode, a wide-angle lens diffuser and an emergency blinker. Boost mode throws a high- intensity 40-lumens beam up to 164 ft. for a maximum of 20 seconds. Adjustable elastic headband. Tiltable lamp body. Wt. 3.4 oz. Runs on three AAA batteries (included).

The headlamp is one of the best inventions ever. Use mine all the time. One hangs on the gearshift lever in the truck. I had a Petzl for a number of years and flat woke it out. My son gave me a Cabela's and I like it also, not as well as the Petzl, but the price was right.

The thing I want now is a ND5 laser. My son had his here at the ranch last weekend. It is awesome.

http://www.lasergenetics.com/nd5-laser-designator.aspx

That ND5 looks very nice...... I'll take one of those as well. Although, probably way out of my price range.

The headlamp is one of the best inventions ever. Use mine all the time. One hangs on the gearshift lever in the truck. I had a Petzl for a number of years and flat woke it out. My son gave me a Cabela's and I like it also, not as well as the Petzl, but the price was right.

The thing I want now is a ND5 laser. My son had his here at the ranch last weekend. It is awesome.

http://www.lasergenetics.com/nd5-laser-designator.aspx

We were lighting stuff up over a half mile away with the ND5. Pretty awesome.

I have a Cabelas XPG LED Cree Headlamp and like it a lot. I want to say its around 100 lumens

Ive heard nothing but good things about the Petzls too

I have one that I primarily use for runs and walks with the dog in the morning, before the sun is up. I don't need it much during the long summer days, but in the winter it comes in handy.

Back