Patternmaster Anaconda Choke

poninskib

Hey all,
Im shopping for a new set of tubes for this years season. I do a lot of pen raised pheasant hunting with steel shot, some wild pheasant hunting with lead shot, and occasionally some close/mid range duck hunting over decoys. Has anyone tried the Anaconda series of tubes from patternmaster? Im looking to get the close range and midrange tubes in the Mobile choke configuration for my Franchis. Most of the pen raised birds are shot over a pointer at pretty close range and the wild birds can be anywhere from over the dog to out to 40-50 yards. If anyone has any other tube recommendations feel free to chime in. Must be extended and no tighter than modified.

Happy hunting! Season opens Nov 7 here in IL!

Hey all,
Im shopping for a new set of tubes for this years season. I do a lot of pen raised pheasant hunting with steel shot, some wild pheasant hunting with lead shot, and occasionally some close/mid range duck hunting over decoys. Has anyone tried the Anaconda series of tubes from patternmaster? Im looking to get the close range and midrange tubes in the Mobile choke configuration for my Franchis. Most of the pen raised birds are shot over a pointer at pretty close range and the wild birds can be anywhere from over the dog to out to 40-50 yards. If anyone has any other tube recommendations feel free to chime in. Must be extended and no tighter than modified.

Happy hunting! Season opens Nov 7 here in IL!

No experience with the Anaconda. Are your Mobil chokes not steel shot compatible? If they are truly Beretta syle Mobil chokes, there should be a marking on the choke "SP" i believe, if they are steel shot safe.

This is just my opinion, but before I would go out and spend money on another choke tube I would want to see how the factory chokes perform, you may be surprised.

No experience with the Anaconda. Are your Mobil chokes not steel shot compatible? If they are truly Beretta syle Mobil chokes, there should be a marking on the choke "SP" i believe, if they are steel shot safe.

This is just my opinion, but before I would go out and spend money on another choke tube I would want to see how the factory chokes perform, you may be surprised.

They are steel safe with exception of the full tube. I have patterned them and they are mediocre at best. My other shotguns all have aftermarket tubes. Small price but a big improvement.

Finding which choke tube brand is best for any particular gun and load is a crap shoot. I will say, companies like Carlson and Trulock do stand behind their product and if I'm not mistaken Trulock will refund your money if not completely satisfied within 30-60 days from the time you purchase. Plus a lifetime warranty should the choke tube fail for any reason. They stand behind their products and have been making choke tubes for a long time. Briley is another one that has been doing it a long time. Nothing against Patternmaster, I'm sure they're a quality choke tube, just that Carlson and Trulock speaks volumes when it comes to customer service.

Last edited:
Have shot trulock, briley, muller and angleport aftermarket chokes. All have been good. In general nothing wrong with factory chokes but my experience has been after market tolerances typically a little better and consistent in general. Good luck with your choice.

Finding which choke tube brand is best for any particular gun and load is a crap shoot. I will say, companies like Carlson and Trulock do stand behind their product and if I'm not mistaken Trulock will refund your money if not completely satisfied within 30-60 days from the time you purchase. Plus a lifetime warranty should the choke tube fail for any reason. They stand behind their products and have been making choke tubes for a long time. Briley is another one that has been doing it a long time. Nothing against Patternmaster, I'm sure they're a quality choke tube, just that Carlson and Trulock speaks volumes when it comes to customer service.

After digging a bit I think im going to go with trulock precision hunters. I agree with the warranty and trial period. I have had good luck with briley but IMO they arent what they used to be.

Back