Panhadle birds

just passed through Texline to Dalhart before dark last Saturday evening, saw four roosters along the way along the highway. looks like you guys up there should have a decent year.

I am hoping for another great year...last year was great. The heat right now is horrible and no moisture. We need some rain!

Can't help you there, I think you need to know someone or have cash, just like all other hunting in Texas has become. I don't hunt the panhandle, just Kansas. Same drive time for me, plus the people are great.

Upland hunter: Save your money, the permit for those worthless public hunting areas will make you hang up your vest. Trigger is right, Kansas is close and out of state licenses are only $74. Pheasant season there opens Nov. 13 and the bag limit is 4 cocks instead of 3. They have thousands of walk in hunting areas that are accessible with your license. I hunt the first few weekends up there and then hunt around Hereford when Texas opens. Stay away from the wide open CRP fields, hunt brushlines and tall corners next to cop circles.

Back