Opener

gjw

Hey all, how did you guys do this weekend?

I got stuck at work (at work now). Going to give it a whirl tomorrow

Stay well my friends

Greg

Good luck tomorrow Greg, let us know how it goes!
The wife and I will be hitting the road in the morning, start hunting on Wednesday.
(Non-residents can't hunt PLOTS the first week, but we spend a good bit of time up there chasing sharpies and huns in Sept, so we know a few WPA's and state land spots that have phez)
Numbers should be very good again this year, based on what we saw in Sept.

Hey all, went out solo today. First place I hunted I only flushed three hens. Next place was much better! Was able to limit on pheasants and grouse. Addie did great, nice solid points and good retrieves.

I used my 16ga Garbi 100

It was a good day!

Stay well my friends

Greg

Attachments

• 20241014_133054.jpg
    20241014_133054.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • 20241014_133210.jpg
    20241014_133210.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
Good luck tomorrow Greg, let us know how it goes!
The wife and I will be hitting the road in the morning, start hunting on Wednesday.
(Non-residents can't hunt PLOTS the first week, but we spend a good bit of time up there chasing sharpies and huns in Sept, so we know a few WPA's and state land spots that have phez)
Numbers should be very good again this year, based on what we saw in Sept.
I don't think you can hunt state land either.

Nonresidents may not hunt any game during the first seven days of the pheasant season on North Dakota Game and Fish Department wildlife management areas or on Conservation PLOTS areas.

Private land and federal land (USF&WS WPAs) are open to nonresidents. State school lands not mentioned so I suppose open also.

Yeah it's spelled out pretty clearly that PLOTS and NDGFP WMA's are the two types that are off-limits to non-residents the first week.

Back