One winged rooster???

wapsijim

My son and I hit the farm one last time for the season. I carried a camera he carried his shotgun, Abbie did the finding/pointing. It's not a big farm, but did still have a couple of roosters. Abbie locked up on a very tight point and I walked in, stomped around and reached down into the snow covered grass before the rooster came out. It flew low and funny, but Kyle knocked it down and a second one flushed, that one was a clean miss. Then the first one took off running. After a short chase Abbie and Kyle got it. Three or four more hen points/flushes and we were done for the day. When we got back to the truck and snapped a photo Kyle noticed it only had one wing??? It must have been one we shot a week or so ago but couldn't find. Surprised it survived with all the coyotes around. Abbie had lots of fun, she just loves chasing pheasants!!! We may have to go just one more time this season......

Beautiful pics Jim! Anyone who's ever had a Brittany, loved 'em. Fun dogs with a ton of go and ability to hunt. ;)

LOVE the pictures!!

Back