On X question

birddude

I'm tech. challenged, so forgive me.. I'm trying. I finally got it figured out on my phone and it works great. I would like something with a bigger screen. Loaded it on my wife's Kendal but couldn't get it to work outside the hose. Is that because the kindal doesn't work on a satellite signal? What kind of contraption do I need without spending a fortune??

If you want live data as you drive around then it would need to be GPS enabled, and I'm not sure Kindles have gps. If you know the area you'll be hunting ahead of time then you can download that map from OnX before you head out

If you want live data as you drive around then it would need to be GPS enabled, and I'm not sure Kindles have gps. If you know the area you'll be hunting ahead of time then you can download that map from OnX before you head out
That's kind of what I figured. But what I was wondering is, is there a Tablet thing with a bigger screen than my phone with gps?

That's kind of what I figured. But what I was wondering is, is there a Tablet thing with a bigger screen than my phone with gps?
Yes I use both ONX and GaiaGPS on my windows based laptop for E-scouting.
I then download the layers of the area to my phone so I can work off-line in the field.

With GaiGPS I typically download the private property lines, high resolution satellite imagery to my phone before headed out.
Then I run my phone in airport mode to save battery life while hunting.

My new GMC Sierra runs Apple CarPlay and the OnX app displays great on the big screen on the dash.

Max, look at Samsung tablets. I use mine out west with avenza and the sd County atlas pages. It has GPS just like Samsung phone

For what it is worth we put the ND plots maps on an I pad and use that for getting to the general area and than onx on the phone to fine tune. I would assume other states would have similar maps.

Thanks Tom, thats a little cheaper than a new Sierra or Lariat!!
1000000755.jpg
Here was my setup, watched games on way out then avenza when im out there.

Back