Old guns

SDJIM

From my wife's side my gun safe has 2 older guns.

1. A 12ga J.Stevens Arms Company
Chiscope Falls Mass. USA
Pat. Feb 7 1905 Aug 27 1907
there is no model number. It is a pump with a square back and has a square hole in the top of the reciever that has a post that comes up thru it to lock the action when you close the action. It also has a Weaver Choke that has a drilled body (lots of holes) and the choke tube screws into the end of that, I have 2 tubes marked 1/2 and 3/4

Any ideas on this one?

2. A 16 gage sxs Wards Western Field
Model 52-5D51A

Has double triggers and extractors
No choke markings but I miked them and they appear to be .649" and .636"

I have shot the 16 ga at doves and it kills doves and my middle finger as the trigger guard smacks me pretty good.

Just wanting to know something about them

JIM

Jim I have a 16 Stevens Browning that has the same square hole it does not have the square back. I also have a 12 gauge that sounds like yours except it is an old bank gaurd gun with a 20 inch barrel. They are both from Chicopee Falls. The 12 gauge says it is made by Riverside Arms. My guess that somebody was making guns and stamping them for whoever was selling them. I love my 16 the other is more of a novelty. Does yours have the saftey in the trigger gaurd?

Jim I have a 16 Stevens Browning that has the same square hole it does not have the square back. I also have a 12 gauge that sounds like yours except it is an old bank gaurd gun with a 20 inch barrel. They are both from Chicopee Falls. The 12 gauge says it is made by Riverside Arms. My guess that somebody was making guns and stamping them for whoever was selling them. I love my 16 the other is more of a novelty. Does yours have the saftey in the trigger gaurd?

Yes the safey is in the trigger gaurd

Back