Okoboji Iowa

Buster24

Anyone know anything about this area….pheasant population okay…have relatives living in this area, but do not hunt…we are headed that way during Christmas break and am curious about hunting that area…..any info is appreciated…thank you!!

My son and I did pretty well on public land a bit SW of Okoboji...lots of wetlands and walk-in tracts in NW Iowa. Trouble is, it takes time to sort them out. Look for small tracts where you can corner the birds. Hope you have a good dog---and bring some non-toxic loads. Good luck!

There is a ton of land in that area, it gets hunted hard all season and by this time of year the birds are all well educated! I hunted that area opening weekend and also a couple weeks ago and shot my limit each time. Keep in mind that there are no shortage of hunters on any given day so be ready to move around alot. Good luck!

Guys. I don’t want to know a specific spot. Just general area. Anyone doing any good just east of Nebraska City across I 29 ? I’m just planning a late season hunt and trying to figure out which state I’m going to. Thanks for any input. Much appreciated.

Thank you to all that responded about hunting around Okoboji…..I may leave a day or two early and do as much scouting around as I can…..going to be fun, but just 2 of us as our dog came up lame recently…..I like challenges and I am with my son who has never shot a pheasant!!!!!

Thank you to all that responded about hunting around Okoboji…..I may leave a day or two early and do as much scouting around as I can…..going to be fun, but just 2 of us as our dog came up lame recently…..I like challenges and I am with my son who has never shot a pheasant!!!!!
I do not live out that way but I'll bet you may be able to find someone with a dog willing to take you out for a day!

I do now……all I can say is wow!!!
The difference is you are out of state. He has repeatedly asked hunters after they volunteered where they were in NW and NE IA what counties.

Get over your butt hurt. You are acting like a little girl. You have sabotaged two threads now. Amazing how no one is scolding you.
Obviously you don't. lol I was just making fun of Sheriff 515 for his Barney Fife impression in this thread > https://forum.ultimatepheasanthunting.com/threads/anyone-hunt-ringgold-county-this-year.26525/

I do now……all I can say is wow!!!
"
expand...
LMFAO at U! I'm an old phuck, but I'll wager that I've shot more pheasants as a kid in the 60's than you have in your entire life, and in 2023, I'll still be busting brush long after your road hunting arse is in the bar. Listen up, Lumpy, if I wanted to know with any precision where the birds are, I'd do what I always do, which is call the local DNR biologist and get the contact info for the person who did the roadside count(s) in the area--often the biologist is one of those folks. Next, I'll talk to the game warden for whatever county I'm thinking of hunting. When I know where the birds are, I'll dress accordingly and hit the local watering hole and let the conversation come around to hunting, and before you know it, some farmer will be bragging about how many pheasants he has on his land and how he hasn't allowed anyone to hunt them since the Vietnam war. I'll leave what happens next to your imagination. No, I could care less where your Uncle Fester's 80 acre spread with two hens and a rooster is located--you have at it.

Out of curiosity, how many times have you been out this year....if that's not a highly guarded secret as well? Game farms and road hunting don't count......"-prairie setter

This guy is the most stable hinged guy. Listen to everything he tells you.

The difference is you are out of state. He has repeatedly asked hunters after they volunteered where they were in NW and NE IA what counties.

Get over your butt hurt. You are acting like a little girl. You have sabotaged two threads now. Amazing how no one is scolding you.
There's 539 sq miles in Ringgold County, Iowa, of which 535 sq miles are dry land > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringgold_County,_Iowa What do you suppose the chances are of me stumbling onto someone's "hot spot," in that county; especially since the DNR has the county mapped as mostly poor? I have access to a couple thousand private acres there, so maybe I was looking for someone with a decent dog to join me, as that's also hedgerow country, and the birds tend to take the "blind side." I damn sure wasn't looking for the GPS coords to anyone's Uncle Willy's farm. You can't figure out how no one is scolding me? You stay you, Foghorn Leghorn, and keep those "hot spots" secret and stop IM-ing my unhinged ass your little love notes! Not interested....

There's 539 sq miles in Ringgold County, Iowa, of which 535 sq miles are dry land > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringgold_County,_Iowa What do you suppose the chances are of me stumbling onto someone's "hot spot," in that county; especially since the DNR has the county mapped as mostly poor? I have access to a couple thousand private acres there, so maybe I was looking for someone with a decent dog to join me, as that's also hedgerow country, and the birds tend to take the "blind side." I damn sure wasn't looking for the GPS coords to anyone's Uncle Willy's farm. You can't figure out how no one is scolding me? You stay you, Foghorn Leghorn, and keep those "hot spots" secret and stop IM-ing my unhinged ass your little love notes! Not interested....
Lol You have been obsessed with me. You have repeatedly ruined threads due to your fragile ego and mental unstability. Get over it. Stop mentioning me in threads. You have contributed nothing to the forum but hotspotting and mentioning me.

Back