Oklahoma Drought

OKIEGunner

Biologist say that Drought is a natural part of plains ecology and plays a role in the boom seasons for quail hunters.

Much like fire, searing drought can serve as a cleansing or disturbing agent, burning away thick perennial ground vegetation that chokes out annual forbs and inhibits quail movement and foraging.

So far, 40+ day's of temps above 100 degrees, 15" short on rainfall this year. It's going to be a miserable year. :mad::mad::mad:

And the drought continues to get worse. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

picture.php

That is ugly guys! Some national weather folks are suggesting you may get some rain from the tropical storm "Don." It is said to be carrying a lot of moisture, but who knows where that moisture will fall. If it moves slow they say, those who get rain will get quite a bit.

Let's hope it happens for you.

Yep and here is the next 10 day blast forecast:mad:

picture.php

Last edited:
And the situation here gets even worse:mad::mad::mad:
Only got up to 113 degrees today.....

picture.php

On a hot, dusty day a cowboy rode into a small frontier town. After dismounting, he walked behind his horse, lifted it's tail and kissed it where the sun don't shine. An old man rocking by the general store witnessed the whole thing.

"Whudd'ya do that fer?" he asked.

"Got chapped lips," the cowboy replied.

The old man asked, "Does that help?"

The cowboy said, "Nope, but it keeps me from lickin' 'em

Seeing a potential for a few drops tonight on the RADAR....................keep comin SW PLEASE

Well no rain again last night. :mad:
Here's a good tempature map showing consecutive days above 90 degrees.
picture.php

Last edited:
It's 1230AM and its pouring RAIN, Finally:10sign:

When will it end:mad::mad::mad:

picture.php

Drove from Tulsa to Woodward and up through the panhandle to Boise City. On return trip, I traveled from Boise City to Beaver to Buffalo to Alva to Ponca City. I did not see what I would call "huntable" cover until close to Ponca City. There was very limited cover between Salt Plains and Ponca City. The panhandle was totally parched. The only cover I was there was irrigated crop circles. CRP was short or nonexistent. Crops were failure except where irrigated. Most grass was ankle deep if that. I am sure it looks similar in the Texas panhandle and the Liberal, KS area.

Saw one hen pheasant and one small covey of quail. Both were near a windmill with water.

Fellas, save your gas.

Drove from Tulsa to Woodward and up through the panhandle to Boise City. On return trip, I traveled from Boise City to Beaver to Buffalo to Alva to Ponca City. I did not see what I would call "huntable" cover until close to Ponca City. There was very limited cover between Salt Plains and Ponca City. The panhandle was totally parched. The only cover I was there was irrigated crop circles. CRP was short or nonexistent. Crops were failure except where irrigated. Most grass was ankle deep if that. I am sure it looks similar in the Texas panhandle and the Liberal, KS area.

Saw one hen pheasant and one small covey of quail. Both were near a windmill with water.

Fellas, save your gas.

AKP, I saw the same thing you saw and would agree with you on everything.

Back