Off Season?

Oggie

Whats everyone have planed for the off season?

For me I will be fishing and hoping the weather during the spring and summer fall in favor for are birds..

This spring I will be looking forward to Spring Turkey and will try my hand at trying to get a gobbler with the bow. Should be a god challenge.

I too am looking to get out on the water and try to catch some fish. The kids love to catch them.

Lastly keep running the dog to keep him in shape.

During the off season I'll be.......

.......Fishing! I'll be trying to catch some big cats this year! I plan to get a better boat engine; something I can get out on the river with.

.......Hoping! Hoping that next year is as good to me as this year has been. And like Oggie, I'll be thinking about the weather and the birds. I think there are good numbers of birds out there for the upcoming breeding season.

in my opinion nothing is more exciting than calling in a strutting tom turkey too your decoy and shoot em. So i will be trying very hard to get one this year and we have got a turkey every year for probly the past 5 years. Once my turkey tags are filled i'll hit the water and try to reel in some walleyes. ANyone else going to fish for walleyes this spring?

walleye

I'll be fishing for walleye this spring. My wife says she wants to see one in person as she has only seen them in pictures and on a plate. I think I'm going to try to catch some in Council Grove Reservoir and the energy center. Don't know much about it, but I've caught a few. I'll probably try to find some information on a fishing forum before I head out.

I'm actually looking for a boat now. If anyone has one for sale that will work well in the river and has no less that 90hp, please send me a pm. It's time for me to learn all about the river........that thing is exciting.

Plan on doing some trap shooting and might even join a weekly league this spring. Hope to do a little fishing as well.

what will I be doing? Camping, training the dog, getting caught up on all the maintenance around the house that took a back seat to hunting. Hopefully doing some hunt tests

Probably do more dog training then tournaments this year as I have a new pup and may be getting a second one. Plan on improving upon my dog kennel this summer little by little as money dictates. Might even put the boat up for sale depending on useage this year. I can't see the tournaments with the high fuel prices expected.

Back