Obenauf's leather treatment

Mosby

Wet and dreary day so I decided to work on my equipment, since I got nothing better to do. Wash hunting clothes, charging up my dog's collars and decided my boots needed some attention before my next trip. I bought some Obenauf's recently and used it for the first time. Did a nice job on my boots. I'm letting the first coat soak in and will do another layer and they should be good to go for the next trip.

Attachments

• 20231227_123148.jpeg
    20231227_123148.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
  • 20231227_134319.jpeg
    20231227_134319.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
Wet and dreary day so I decided to work on my equipment, since I got nothing better to do. Wash hunting clothes, charging up my dog's collars and decided my boots needed some attention before my next trip. I bought some Obenauf's recently and used it for the first time. Did a nice job on my boots. I'm letting the first coat soak in and will do another layer and they should be good to go for the next trip.
It is my favorite, cream and oil are equally effective. Great choice Mosby.

I hit it with a hair dryer on low. or put in a black garbage bag and set it in a sunny spot. Then redo the drier spots and good to go for a long time.

After putting 2 coats of Obenauf's on my boots and letting them sit overnight, I am really pleased with how they turned out. Good stuff.

I love the stuff as well for my Filson Uplander boots. I usually hit them with a hairdryer after the first coat to let it really sink in. It is great on baseball mitts as well.

Mid summer, I put my boots in the truck topper (90-110 degrees during the summer) until 1-2 PM. Put the oil on them and return to the topper for an hour, then coat with the wax, and back under the topper for another hour.

BTW, Obenauf's isn't only good for leather. I use it to touch up my waxed duck hunting coat and other waxed gear. Much easier to apply than the dry wax, but doesn't last as long but still very good and just as wet proof

BTW, Obenauf's isn't only good for leather. I use it to touch up my waxed duck hunting coat and other waxed gear. Much easier to apply than the dry wax, but doesn't last as long but still very good and just as wet proof
That is a good tip. I have a couple waxed items that can use some waterproofing. That dry wax is a pain.

Back