O/U Prices OMG

BleuBijou

Buddy is looking for a new gun and wants a O/U!!! I went with and my jaw fell off!!! Where have I been? Obviously my head has been in the sand!!! Prices are double!!!! Saw a 686 double barrel set like mine for 4,050 bucks!!!!! That is double what I paid !!!!! Brownings were worse! He might have to go with a Franchi! I need to get out more!!!

Buddy is looking for a new gun and wants a O/U!!! I went with and my jaw fell off!!! Where have I been? Obviously my head has been in the sand!!! Prices are double!!!! Saw a 686 double barrel set like mine for 4,050 bucks!!!!! That is double what I paid !!!!! Brownings were worse! He might have to go with a Franchi! I need to get out more!!!

Ya. well those high priced guns aren't selling in big numbers. Those days are gone. I can't sell my high dollar guns. Like you, i picked mine up for pretty fair prices. It would cost like you said..Double now(or more)

now adays you buy a cheap gun and use and abuse it then sell it for what you can. Or buy a good quality gun and take good care of it and pass it on to family.They wont give you anything for it on a trade in and its hard to sell it out rite for a good price.

Ya. well those high priced guns aren't selling in big numbers. Those days are gone. I can't sell my high dollar guns. Like you, i picked mine up for pretty fair prices. It would cost like you said..Double now(or more)

i have tryed to buy them but they been on hold for months, guess cash ready to pay now doesnt mean anything i always heard cash talks guess not

Looking at the over unders on the Beretta site today, it seems their prices increased by a couple hundred dollars since I looked a week or so ago.

(Maybe it's just sticker shock after a second, more serious look)

Last edited:
Must be looking at some graded guns. A field grade Browning o/u 12 ga. should run around $2000.00

I've got a 525 Browning field in a 20 ga I just love. Picked it up used for a grand. Not a scratch on it either.

Has anyone petted that new Benelli 28 ga Legacy?

Oooooh Baby, that's my next quail gun...:cool:

Not saying you're not, but are you comparing apples to apples? Not all Beretta O/U's are the same. A 686 Onyx is not a Silver Pigeon V for example.

That said, had a buddy that after shooting my Beretta 391 wanted to buy one for himself. He asked what I gave for mine, I told him $600, but that was in 2003. On the used market they're about $900 now, new ones are $1000+ and that isn't even with a real Walnut stock, but rather their 'dipped' stock.

Gas is also $3.30/gallon now, not $1.35. :)

Yes, the bottom line here is that gun prices continue to rise. It's going to cost more and take more time to get the guns we want if we won't compromise or don't come across that very rare good deal.

Back