NW or SW KS??

Do you think that portions of NW KS or SW KS traditionally hold more pheasants per mile? There isn't much information available on population densities for our state. Another thing that I wonder about, but can't find any information on is a hunter distribution map for KS. Do you think there is more pressure in the NW or SW part of the state??

I know there are good pockets of birds in the SW portion of the state, including some great combonation opportunities. I know many people that hunt the NW part of the state though and I've heard of great numbers of birds there. I will learn more about it this year.

I was looking at the crowing surveys and looks like the northwest has the highest numbers at least for the last couple of years. The Northwest averaged 34.6 crows per station this year and the southwest region 22.8. It's kind of an interesting report in pdf format kdwp.state.ks.us/news/content/download/20877/139899/file/PhCrSv08.pdf

Thanks! I saw the crowing count article, but not the pdf file, so I appreciate your pointing it out. I'm not sure I trust their choices of routes, but they don't have the resources to cover all the places I think they should. Have you ever seen a hunter distribution map?

Back