nw mo

Went way up nw mo Saturday a friend on the forum text me Friday and wanted to go I was hesitant with my sister and all but I really wanted to go si we meet at 5 in the morning and off we go,you know its always a little awkward when you go with someone new you don't know there style of hunting how there dogs hunt or if your actually going to get along:eek: But after talking the whole way up I knew I liked him and lets get after it we get just a little north of savannah and snow is on the ground hot damn!! We pick out a spot make a huge circle saw some birds bur just to spooky my friend says he don't understand it I say who cares theres other spots lets try again we pull up to a spot that I knew had some birds from a previous hunt we make a plan and newt is running down the edge and he sticks something the other dogs come in and he moves im like what the hell??? He relocates down another 60 70 yards and hes gotem stuck and I know hes gotem hes hunkered down and that means business I am hurrying to get there cause we all know how phez are I get there and a rooster gets up pretty close and what happens next is pitiful one of the worst misses in all my years of hunting top3 for sure and in front of a forum member absolutely emberressing pathetic believe it or not sledge don't miss gimmys but I did oh well getting old, so we get finished with that field we couldn't have fu%$# it up any more me anyway:mad: My buddy says he knows a spot that he does pretty well at it we walk up it and sure enough pheasants are getting up but know roosters hmmmm? We get about half way up it and newt comes down on point buddy walks up and another rooster comes out he nails him im like alright good show we seen a few more birds that day but the dogs were really beat up newt wasn't his usual self I could tell his feet hurt him with all the snow and ice but I made a friend who I will hunt with for sure in the future I loved his pointer dog did awesome backing for such a young dog!! You know guys when you meet knew people and people first get along and then it takes time to learn there dogs and each other is a good thing thanks for texting me and inviting me cant wait to get back from my sisters and meet up with another friend that I have yet to meet on here and thank you forum for being here I have learned so much on here and hopefully meet other great long lasting friendships :):)

There are some good folk on here. Can't wait to head up to NW Mo in a couple of weeks with you. I'll bring my black dog and leave my pointers at home. May have to share a seat with her cause she rides in the truck with me. :D

Back