Np pheasants around here...

Yukon Mike

Hi guys. My name is Mike Prawdzik and I'm in Whitehorse, Yukon. I'm looking for a hunting friend in Calgary to possibly swap trips with. I'm down to Calgary every now and then and would love to get out for a walk in the fields. I haven't hunted pheasants since I moved here from Manitoba many years ago, but sure loved it in the past. I hunt ducks up here a lot with my kids, as well as caribou, moose, sheep, and bears. We have 3 kinds of ptarmigans, ruffies, spruce grouse, blue grouse, and the odd sharptail. I promise I'm not an axemurderer, just a guy who misses the prairie.

Mike

Canada - Land of Hunting Plenty

What a lot of critters to hunt you have up there in the Yukon! And welcome to the forum. I'm in Kansas, hunt mostly in Kansas. Think I may hunt Iowa or North Dakota for pheasants before our season opens Nov. 1. Had no idea you had such grouse up there -- along with all the big game. Have a great season and tell us about your hunts.

Nice to meet you...

Kansas is definately on my bucket list. I keep some family hunting photos stashed at www.yukonmike.com if you are interested. Just use the links to get past the decoys for sale page.

Mike

Decoys

Kansas is definately on my bucket list. I keep some family hunting photos stashed at www.yukonmike.com if you are interested. Just use the links to get past the decoys for sale page.

Mike

Nice decoys! Never been duck hunting though I would love to. I want to eat some wild duck with wild rice, a great sauce (orange, cherry?) and some good wine.

Back