Now all the govt has to do is ban foreign ammo

captainshotgun

I would think those enterprises would be a gold mine....I guess that is why they sold for almost $2 Billion .... if I got that right. I do use Rem primers and wads....guessing the component manufacturing went with it.

Ive said that will be the next form of gun control for about 8 years now. How to control guns is to control the ammo, constitution doesnt give you the right to buy cheap ammo.

Ban ammo importation for "safety" and then tax the ever living daylights out of domestic production until pistol/rifle rounds are $5ea and shotshells are $100 a box. Now you have gun control, people aren't going to visit ranges and hunters will give up which will please the animal rights people. Demand plummets so used guns have no real value, now people are going to sell their guns in the state buyback programs where they will be destroyed, because they cant afford to shoot them.

They also need to implement those taxes and write in that anyone manufacturing their own ammo has to pay the tax quarterly. Now you can arrest reloaders for tax evasion when they do not pay and stop that side too.

Once the supreme court stops all these "common sense gun control laws", theyll go after the ammo.

Some facts and thoughts that might be interesting to hunters and firearms owners:
  • Federal will continue to manufacture in Anoka, MN under the new owners so there is no jobs or manufacturing leaving the U.S. A ban on foreign owned but locally manufactured goods doesn't ever happen. Even if it did, Federal would be resold to a U.S. investors and continue to churn out ammo. I drive by there on my way out of town for most hunting trips and I will be tipping my hat as I go by for the foreseeable future.
  • There is still Olin/Winchester and smaller operations like Fennix and Hornaday that are owned and operating in the U.S. that would expand to fill in the gap if foreign ammo was banned. We would have some explaining to do to Italy, Brazil and the Czechs as to why we would no longer import Fiocchi, Magtech or S&B and why they or their political allies should continue to buy military ammo from U.S. sources
  • The federal tax on ammo is capped at 11% by law in 1919 and never changed since then. So that would have to be overturned and that would face the same difficulties as passing fed gun control laws.
  • US Supreme court has ruled that ammo is essential to fire arms and an outright ban is the same as banning guns. It doesn't logically follow that if you can't get laws ban firearms to stand, that you could be more successful with ammo bans.
  • High taxes at fed and state levels to ban even certain types of ammunition have been tried and failed frequently. Some local cities have succeeded. However our rights to buy and sell by mail were restored in 1986 (FOPA law). Taxes from other states and cities for items sold across state lines is not legally enforceable under federal interstate commerce laws which undermines any of these efforts.

Ive said that will be the next form of gun control for about 8 years now. How to control guns is to control the ammo, constitution doesnt give you the right to buy cheap ammo.

Ban ammo importation for "safety" and then tax the ever living daylights out of domestic production until pistol/rifle rounds are $5ea and shotshells are $100 a box. Now you have gun control, people aren't going to visit ranges and hunters will give up which will please the animal rights people. Demand plummets so used guns have no real value, now people are going to sell their guns in the state buyback programs where they will be destroyed, because they cant afford to shoot them.

They also need to implement those taxes and write in that anyone manufacturing their own ammo has to pay the tax quarterly. Now you can arrest reloaders for tax evasion when they do not pay and stop that side too.

Once the supreme court stops all these "common sense gun control laws", theyll go after the ammo.

🙄😜😆

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpeg
    IMG_0987.jpeg
    687.2 KB · Views: 8
Back