No skunkage on Saturday

toughshed

Got out for the opener and had high hopes after seeing birds Friday evening on the property. Arrived bright and early 15 minutes before shooting light with plenty of moisture from an overnight rain. Sunrise on the setting moon was awesome...

After hearing many roosters cackling here and there, we finally bagged one...I added the pic below in the thread...

100_2100_zpsc3ae8977.jpg

Last edited:
Nice photo ! Opening morning never looked better with that great cover. Good job getting a rooster out of that huge field.... can't imagine how many more were out there. The snow this week should help bunch them up.

thunderstick

I wanted to embed the pictures. Anyone know how to do that?

I use photobucket, then hit the direct link and comeback to UPH and click on the postcard above with the mountains on it and then hit control v.

OK, had brain lock there on the photophuckit deal...here's my buddy and his brittany with their first wild Colorado rooster. Buckley found the bird as we were about ready to give up looking...just an awesome sight seeing him coming back through the cover with the rooster...:)

100_2102_zpsb0616437.jpg

Nice pic!!! Was it this years rooster or older?:coolpics:

Nice pic!!! Was it this years rooster or older?:coolpics:

We think it was a first year bird?saw about four hens too which is encouraging as the cover was fantastic. Now if we could just do something about the coyotes, owls, and hawks maybe next year we could harvest two roosters?haha

Back