Next Few Days

HS Strut

Hey Guys,
I'm from Indiana, heading out to hunt near Creighton thursday and Friday...Gonna be just My 13 month old yellow Lab and myself...Everybody else is done for the year I guess?
My Pup did awesome on pen raised birds back in November but this will be her first try at wild birds.
Wondering, anybody been flushing, seeing any birds lately? I know it's late season, but hoping the snow coming in will help keep the birds in place a little better for us?
Any thoughts, tips or pointers?
Was thinking about trying some of those pivot corners...
Thanks Mike

This has been a great year for birds, you picked a good year to come out here and give it a try. That said, you know how those roosters are. 1 day they sit, the next day you don't see a bird. I would think anything public, good habitat, would be worth a shot. If you can find some food plots on some of the G&P spots head to those. Pressure seems to have dropped way off, so they have had a vacation and will be waiting for you. Good fortune and happy hunting.

I was out there in SW SC Nebraska mon-thur never seen another hunter any day I had the run of every chunk of public I wanted to hunt I had action on every peace of public I worked...

Was there more for quail & found them easily & a limit of roosters Thursday & 3 quail easily coulda had a quail limit it was a great few days in nebraska...

all I can say Is I love Nebraska it has always treated me good... No hunters seen in 4-5 days is outstanding birds on every peace of land I worked great sleeper state for upland hunting...

P.s. how did you & the pup do in Nebraska???

We did well! Saw birds every day...only got one rooster each day because I didn't shoot very good...Pup did outstanding! So proud of her!
That was her first time on wild birds...She worked hard...It wasn't easy in some of those huge fields of CRP but we still saw birds. One day they flushed wild ahead...next day they held tight and she got about 10 flushes...8 hens.
Couldn't be happier...Thanks for the help and encouragement

Nice picture. Way to go Remi!!

Back