New to the site (Intro)

krshntr81

I am new to this site and have been really impressed by the numbers of people I have seen with pheasants in Missouri! I live in Warren County MO and have a 9 year old GSP and a 8 year old lab. I grew up hunting pheasants in Granger Iowa and now mostly hunt quail on public and a few private spots around my house. I also frequent a preserve close by to keep the dogs working. I have a goal for 2020 to kill a wild Missouri rooster, and seeing some of your post it makes me think I might actually be able to do it!

Welcome to the site krshntr81. I'm not too far from you at all as I am in St Charles County. Honestly, I bet over the last 10 years I've averaged around 6 or 7 pheasant per season. My best year was 10 and I only hunt public land. The first year I started hunting I only got one or two and this year was zero (my GSP tore in ACL) so I didn't hunt much. Anyway, just be prepared to drive a little, but I know you'll find some. I head northwest for long weekend's and do pretty well. Maybe next year we can meet up and go for a couple hunts.

Thanks I grew up in St. Peter’s and still work there! It is great to hear about your success on public land roosters as I think they are a true trophy. I have hunted a few public spots in the NorthEast and I have seen pheasants but haven’t got a shot off. I would love to meet up and go hunting next year. Also hoping for a speedy recovery for your GSP.

Back