New (to me) boat

quail hound

I've been talking about getting a river boat for some time now and finally found a nice one for the right price. Its a 14' flat bottom Crestliner (wanted a 16' but oh well) with a 40hp jet outboard. It will run 30mph in as little as 3-4" of water. Those big bass in the river have been warned, I'm coming for them! It might get me to some out of the way hunting spots also.:cheers:

Nice rig , we have freinds to use their boat to get back to secluded areas for upland and ducks .

It should be lots of fun !!!

Be safe, QH, that 3-4 inch water is where we hide our stumps and serious rocks.

PFD maybeso?

Have fun.

Will do Kis, PFD onboard.:cheers: Taking her for the maiden voyage tomorrow.

Congrats! I thoroughly enjoyed my jet boat when I had it - got me into some otherwise unreachable places for both fishing & hunting until the day that a fella knocked on my door & made me an offer I couldn't refuse, lol. I'll 2nd the PFD advice- if I'm floating, I'm wearing a PFD. Enjoy!

Milburn pond, only accessible through the river and when flows are cut to the minimum only accessible with a jet boat. My brother and I caught 5 or 6 large mouth each in the 2-4lb class, it will take some time to get the big ones figured out.

Your dogs are going to love that boat! I could cook up many adventures with a rig like that! :thumbsup:

Is that actually rated for 40HP? Either way, I agree with the others about being careful.

Yes, the engine is a 40hp but jets are significantly less efficient than a prop so it's not as fast as a similarly equipped prop boat.

Went out today with the river flowing 200 cfs (minimum flow). We were the only boat on the river and had no problem reaching all the good spots. Here's a picture of an old train tressel, the water here was about 6" deep and just wide enough for the boat to go through the old pillars.

Discovering a river can be one of the most satisfying days you spend.

Just...wacherass, ok? They make no judgements, play no favorites, and forgive no mistakes.

Have fun.

Back