New to forum

Mr. Truby

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and just wanted to say hi.

I have been hunting my whole life and started on pheasants about twenty years ago. I started when I went with some friends one year, and we did not have dogs. I was really hooked though when I hunting behind a dog, just seemed to complete the hunting expirence for me.
Through this time I mostly hunted with flushing dogs (labs), but hunted behind a GSP when I was eighteen and fell in love with the breed. I got one for myself, trained her, and hunted her for 13 years. I was amazed at the things she did on some hunts and she seemed to want to hunt till she dropped.
I am now on my third dog. I currently have two GSPs, a female about 3 years old and a male about 1.5 years old. I love to watch them work.

I am from south central Minnesota and hunt around home and the western part of the state. I have two young sons and they already have a fire to be out with the dogs.
The reason I joined this forum is to hear some stories and ideas from others who love the sport and dogs as much as I do. I also am curious on how everyone is doing on finding some birds this year. I have had spotty results so far.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome. Looking forward to your posts and pics.

Back