New to AZ

LABS HUNT

Hello all. I have moved to the Tucson, AZ area from Wisconsin. I have been a avid pheasant hunter my whole life hunting mainly in Iowa and North Dakota. I have an awesome pheasant hunting lab who is 4 1/2 yr old and would love nothing more to get her on some birds. I am open to any suggestions hunting on private hunting clubs as well. Can anybody help me out?

On the Ultimate Site, click home, click on "hunting directory" then click AZ. There are four of them listed.

Good Luck and enjoy the heat!

Last edited:
It’s been awhile but, used to hunt quail around Wilcox, Kansas Settlement road was pretty good, crazy numbers, lots of private but a lot of great ranchers usually said yes, fair amount of Javelina out there as well, both were drawn to all the irrigation. Also all the dry creeks to the west of the Dragoon Mountains is another good area from the interstate all the way to Benson.

Hey thanks PTM. Any advise is awesome. I do have a great lab that has been a very good pheasant hunter, but I am a little concerned taking her out in the desert around snakes. She did go through the rattle snake avoidance training, but still a little concerned. Are snakes out in December?

This is my personal observation science may differ, I’ve spent a lot of time walking that desert and the snakes are out all year long. They seem lethargic from the end of November until the end of Feb and you see a lot fewer during Winter time. Out of all that time I only had one instance in which I felt a snake came at me, it was tall grass and I heard the hiss and felt it go by my leg. I never saw it except for the tip of its tail as it motored off. He never rattled, I felt it unwise to go after it in the grass. I’d get the vaccine for your dog if you haven’t already.

Back