New Puppy deposit in!

beartooths

Well i figured this time of year this forum runs kind of slow...thought i'd throw it out there....just sent in my deposit for a new puppy, a german wirehair from smoke creek kennels in Bennet, CO. Should get the little guy by the end of summer! Although he will be too young to hunt this fall, i cant wait to watch him progress over the next year, to hunt in 2014. My current GSP does great, and with a second dog at his side in 2014, we should really be getting after the birds!
I live in the DTC south of Denver, and have been taking my GSP on walks in Cherry Creek State park....can I just say, WOW there is a lot of pheasants in there!! I had heard rumors of birds living in the park, but never thought much of it. Every time we go for a walk...now that i have locked down the areas they favor, we see pheasants every single time! although i cant really pursue them, even just have my dog point them, it is still a lot of fun to see them and my GSP still gets real birdy on the trail! I have also heard of several sighting of Huns on the east side of the park, and also multiple coveys of quail in the more wooded areas!! just cool to see these guys in the wild so close to home!
:cheers:

Exciting news!!! Makes the off season more fun with a new pup on the way!! Should be a fine hunter for just about all birds! Meaning they do love waterfowl and can handle the cold water better then our GSP's! Be sure and visit your pup as often as you can before he comes home. Seems to make the transition easier, the more familar he or she is with you and your family!!! Post up some pic's!! Now, you get to think up some cool names for your new addition!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back