New pheasant shotgun??

fadetoblack188

Looking to pick up a new gun for pheasant hunting. Want to stay around the 1200 dollar mark. What’s good, what do you guys recommend !?

I have a benelli super sport but just doesn’t feel right pheasant hunting with that..

What gauge in the monteefeltro? 12 or 20

if I’m bumped my budget to 2g how is the browning cynergy o/u?? Not sure I want to spend that right now though

Hard to beat a Montefeltro. Light, reliable, and the 20 gauge has nice sleek lines. Great gun that is hard to beat for the uplands. Easy to carry all day. Shooting 1 ounce loads, no felt recoil whatsoever. And very affordable. I love mine. I have a 12 gauge as well, but will grab the 20 every time.

Last edited:
The Montefeltro can be had in camo or black plastic if you prefer that. Keep an eye on Dunn’s Sporting goods. They run specials on them for around $700 from time to time. If you can live with the wood & black, I’ve got my Montefeltro 12ga on Gunbroker right now. Not a lot of wear.

I have 2 montefeltro’s and love them. If primarily shooting wild roosters I would probably tend to say 12 gauge but I shoot my 20 a fair amount with excellent results. Another option is get a 16 ga. Maybe a browning. Gonna be a tick more than your original dollar amount but less than your adjusted amount. Lots of options out there for sure. Make sure what you buy fits you! Good luck.

I have 2 montefeltro’s and love them. If primarily shooting wild roosters I would probably tend to say 12 gauge but I shoot my 20 a fair amount with excellent results. Another option is get a 16 ga. Maybe a browning. Gonna be a tick more than your original dollar amount but less than your adjusted amount. Lots of options out there for sure. Make sure what you buy fits you! Good luck.
Agreed. With a shotgun it’s all about the fit.

Ok so here’s what I am thinking.

staying in my budget and getting a —montefltro 20 ( only Bc I have a sbe2 and super sport and rem 1100 in 12)

or blowing my budget and getting a over under as I don’t have one. Most likely a browning cynergy or Citoria whichever is best bang for buck.

then there is also the ethos in my head which I love. But is the ethos worth the extra 900 dollars over the montefelteo

Ok so here’s what I am thinking.

staying in my budget and getting a —montefltro 20 ( only Bc I have a sbe2 and super sport and rem 1100 in 12)

or blowing my budget and getting a over under as I don’t have one. Most likely a browning cynergy or Citoria whichever is best bang for buck.

then there is also the ethos in my head which I love. But is the ethos worth the extra 900 dollars over the montefelteo
Two totally different guns. Decide what gauge you want, decide whether you want an automatic or an over and under, then buy the gun that fits the best.

So I think I am going to go with a 20 gauge montefeltro .

I held the montefeltro and ethos this morning and they felt the same to me. I can’t justify an extra 1000 on the ethos when they weight and feel the same.

I’ll save the over under for next year

Back