New NoDak member.

94NDTA

New guy, love pheasant hunting. Have a new pup, first lab, all dogs were English Setters before. She is about 18 months now. Got her first pheasant late in the year last year, have had her out for grouse opener. Can't wait for the 13th!

IMG_0364.jpg

bbbb.jpg

bbbbbb.jpg

20120920110252_zps94a98858.jpg

and GO VIKINGS!!!!!

ResizedImage951348950638983.jpg

I'm curious as to why you went to a lab after having setters? But then as a Packer fan and owner of setters, I see you are a Viking fan and it all makes sense, since in my experience a lot of Viking fans are confused people. :):laugh:

My latest pup is also 1-1/2 years. Still has plenty of puppy in him, but he's learning. It's going to be a fun season.

It looks like you had some fun on the grouse. Good luck the rest of the season and welcome to the site.

I'm curious as to why you went to a lab after having setters? But then as a Packer fan and owner of setters, I see you are a Viking fan and it all makes sense, since in my experience a lot of Viking fans are confused people. :):laugh:

My latest pup is also 1-1/2 years. Still has plenty of puppy in him, but he's learning. It's going to be a fun season.

It looks like you had some fun on the grouse. Good luck the rest of the season and welcome to the site.

Something different. Something a little more family friendly and relaxed. Also, something that does better in heavy cover, does a little better in cold weather, and better suited for waterfowl. Also, we have had a LOT of health issues with the setters we have had (4 acl surgeries, one with an enlarged esophagus, one with a thyroid issue)

Disclaimer: I love setters. I have had 5 in my lifetime, this is not saying setters cannot be family friendly, relaxed, do poor in heavy cover, wimps in the cold, and cannot hunt waterfowl.

Sometimes, it is just time for a change.

Welcome to the board and good luck (you're going to need it being a vikings fan:D). I'm sure the lab will do you a great job.

Now take the ridiculous purple thing off her!

My wife did it. I couldn't help it that it looked awesome. Plus, as soon as she got it, we beat the 9ers and the lions. It stays.

Welcome to he forum. I once hunted a weekend in SW ND near Scranton. Had a great hunt and saw hundreds of birds.

Something different. Something a little more family friendly and relaxed. Also, something that does better in heavy cover, does a little better in cold weather, and better suited for waterfowl. Also, we have had a LOT of health issues with the setters we have had (4 acl surgeries, one with an enlarged esophagus, one with a thyroid issue)

Disclaimer: I love setters. I have had 5 in my lifetime, this is not saying setters cannot be family friendly, relaxed, do poor in heavy cover, wimps in the cold, and cannot hunt waterfowl.

Sometimes, it is just time for a change.

I've never had the health problems with our setters, except for my last one, which died of blastomycosis at age 5. He was a whimp once in cold, snowy, late season weather, but I think he was in the early stages of the disease. I don't hunt ducks, so that's not an issue.

Good luck with the new dog and have a great bird season.

Welcome 94NDTA, As you can tell, there is a lot of ribbing during football season and when summer rolls around it gets worse! Not in a bad way, most are civil and are having a good time with it!!! Seems the Vikes and the Pack are at the forefront!!! Thanks for joining the Forum, there are a bunch of good guys on here with good information and even one guy with 5 (Different) names! But he is a Packer fan. :D:cheers: Bleu

Back