New Member from Idaho

Citori16

Been viewing the site for awhile now- some interesting discussions
Have chased roosters since I was old enough to tag along in the late 50’s when Idaho had a healthy population of roosters
Now 70 and retired, enjoy traveling to hunt birds. Been to Oregon,Washington, Montana, North and South Dakota, Kansas and Saskatchewan. Shoot 16’s over a yellow pointing lab
Keep up the banter on the forum

Been viewing the site for awhile now- some interesting discussions
Have chased roosters since I was old enough to tag along in the late 50’s when Idaho had a healthy population of roosters
Now 70 and retired, enjoy traveling to hunt birds. Been to Oregon,Washington, Montana, North and South Dakota, Kansas and Saskatchewan. Shoot 16’s over a yellow pointing lab
Keep up the banter on the forum
Sounds like you'll fit in. Welcome.

Yes, Welcome! In the off-season we cover everything from the best breed of dog, who's shotgun weighs the least, the best choke, to the opinions of what brand of shells are the best....good to get any off-season traffic! If you can't figure it out on your own, post it here and you will usually get every answer imaginable!

welcome, the off season sucks!
Wait..is that opening day on the horizon????? Sept isn't too far off !

Welcome to the site, we shoot over pointing labs also. Just recently purchased my first 16 gauge to be using this year. South Dakota and Wisconsin are the only two places I've hunted hopefully will expand to other states also.

Grew up in southern Idaho , looking back I ask myself how did I ever kill a rooster in the 1970’s without a dog. There must have been a kilbillion birds in Idaho in those days 😀

Grew up in southern Idaho , looking back I ask myself how did I ever kill a rooster in the 1970’s without a dog. There must have been a kilbillion birds in Idaho in those days 😀
Lots of birds until the late 80’s when farming changed and couple of bad winters did them in and never recovered with limited habitat
Grew up in Twin Falls and we would hunt them with 30-40 guys surrounding a section of sagebrush and drive them to the middle of the circle. Those days the limit was 4 and a hen allowed per day.
Would take my gun to school and hunt on the way home in the 60s. Can you imagine taking a gun to school these days?

Lots of birds until the late 80’s when farming changed and couple of bad winters did them in and never recovered with limited habitat
Grew up in Twin Falls and we would hunt them with 30-40 guys surrounding a section of sagebrush and drive them to the middle of the circle. Those days the limit was 4 and a hen allowed per day.
Would take my gun to school and hunt on the way home in the 60s. Can you imagine taking a gun to school these days?
Wendell high school graduated 71 . Car loads of old guys mostly up from Utah it seemed would road hunt . Stop and blast birds with shotguns out the window. Probably had cowboy boots on and never walked. I know this sounds like a stereotype. It WAS REAL !
College after at Boise State, kept shells and a 870 in my dorm room closet in the fall. Now those were thar goodem days!😀

Wendell high school graduated 71 . Car loads of old guys mostly up from Utah it seemed would road hunt . Stop and blast birds with shotguns out the window. Probably had cowboy boots on and never walked. I know this sounds like a stereotype. It WAS REAL !
College after at Boise State, kept shells and a 870 in my dorm room closet in the fall. Now those were thar goodem days!😀
Used to be good waterfowl hunting in that area
Probably still is if you have a pocket full of cash
Go Bronco’s. Gotta love that blue turf !

Welcome to the site, we shoot over pointing labs also. Just recently purchased my first 16 gauge to be using this year. South Dakota and Wisconsin are the only two places I've hunted hopefully will expand to other states also.
Check out the 16 gauge society website if you haven’t already. Some useful info on the site

Welcome. Long live the 16 ga. Have you joined the 16 ga. Society yet. They typically have cool items for new members. I got a very nice dopp bag from them years ago.

Welcome. Long live the 16 ga. Have you joined the 16 ga. Society yet. They typically have cool items for new members. I got a very nice dopp bag from them years ago.
Joined the 16 ga site a # of years ago. So long ago that I don’t remember getting any goodies

Really? I will see if I can get a picture of the Dopp bag I received. It has been maybe 15 + years ago.

Back