new here

cypress knee

here from Louisiana. No Pheasant here! been on Quail Forum for a year. Really slow over there! :confused: I have 2 GSP's take them quail hunting in West Texas a couple times a year and hunt woodcock and a few quail here at home in South La. Several friends and myself are talking about making a trip to Pheasant hunt in the next year or so. wondering if there is oprotunity for new guys to kill a few Pheasant on public land in Kansas or Oklahoma?

I can not help with your question I live to far west. But I want to Welcome you to UPH. I see you have 2 GSP's that fits in well here. What gauge and make of shotgun do you prefer?.........Bob

I made a change last year to a Mossberg Silver Reserve with interchangable barrels 20 to 12. I prefer the 20 but I should have done my homework before i bought it because lots of people are having problems with the firing pins. Me included! looks like I'm gonna have to go back to the Stevens side by side 20. takes some getting used to because it has two triggers but its very reliable.

Welcome to the site first of all. I would say there is definitely the opportunity to find some birds for a newbie out there on public land. A lot of the stories on here are testament to it.

CK, I see you are a 20 gauge man like me. I think a 20 gauge is a good gun for what we do. I am hoping to get my chance on Pheasants, one of these years, with my 28 gauge.........Bob

ck,

Welcome to the sight. Yes you can find pheasant in both states. If your willing to put in the time. Welcome once again, to UPH. Jump right in , the water is fine.:)

Yeah Capt Coot I'm a duck hunter too. Got a Great chocolate lab for that. I live about two hours from the coast so I usually make a couple hunts a year down there. I also live about 10 minutes from the Atchafalaya Spillway love to hunt ducks in the flooded timber there!

Welcome.
We had flooded timer in MN from all the rain this year for duck hunting also. I put a dozen decoys in the lawn at the cabin and shot wood ducks. Just trying to be like the Duck Commander.

I bet duck hunting down there would be fun to see.

Headed to LA

USAF is moving me to Barksdale AFB, LA from Minot AFB, ND. Been on pheasant here for a few years but LA is not looking very promising for pheasant unless you pay to hunt a preserve/private land. Am I reading this right? Anyone have info about pheasant within 2hrs of Shreveport/Bossier City area? I hunt behind a Vizsla.

Back