new guy from Ohio

tript2009

Hello all,

My name is Ben, from NE Ohio. I've been pheasant hunting for several years here, with my dog Mandy (I'll figure out how to attach pictures shortly). Looking for some new people to hit the fields with!

Last edited:
Welcome from another buckeye. I am in the north central part of the state, an hour north of Columbus. What town are you close to?

Grew up right next to west branch and have hunted it and Berlin years ago. Now must of my time is spent at Killdeer and some at Delaware. We have two nice preserves in Bucyrus that help fill the gap since wild birds are not an option. Let me know if you ever want to hit one of those. Would be about an hour or so from you depending on where exactly you are.

shotgun?

Hello all,

My name is Ben, from NE Ohio. I've been pheasant hunting for several years here, with my dog Mandy (I'll figure out how to attach pictures shortly). Looking for some new people to hit the fields with!

Welcome, nice looking double gun in your photos. What is it?

I hunt at Elkhorn regularly. Never tried the other one. Ed is my go-to guide when I hit Elkhorn, unless i'm bringing my own dog. If you want to hit a morning weekend hunt, let me know: I would definitely make the drive down to hunt with a fellow uplander!

Welcome, nice looking double gun in your photos. What is it?

Stoeger Uplander. i had a gunsmith go over the gun with a fine tooth comb, and replace the parts known to fail, and then had the wood refinished to look better than the crappy finish that comes on it from the factory. I love it, and will probably never get rid of it.

Back