New guy from joplin mo

Hutcho

Howdy guys! I'm from the Joplin mo area, actually down by diamond area. Anyways I grew up hunting Bob whites in southeast ks and a yearly trip to dodge city area to shoot some pheasants. Between college, work, married, kids, we'll just life in general I haven't been able to go in a while. Got to go last year pheasant hunting in Dodge again in probably the first time in almost 10 years.

I saw there are quite a few guys on this group that occasionally meet to hunt some local spots, and would love to meet up with some locals to hunt. I have a brittany but she's terribly gun shy so not much good at the moment. Anyways thanks for letting me join the forum!!

Carl H

Hello there. I live between Carthage and Webb. Do most of my bird hunting in Kansas. Dove season will find me on Talbot though for opening morning and the combat hunting that it entails.

I am pretty new to this area(<6yrs) and haven't really had a chance to hunt it much. Where abouts is Talbot? I'm assuming it's good dove hunting? I've been looking at a few public spots but haven't settled on anything yet.

Talbot is nw of Mt Vernon a few miles.

Haven't been out to check yet but they usually burn wheat stubble and mow sunflowers for dove hunting.

Me and 400 of my closest friends I don't know will be there. :)

Last edited:
Back