New gun

Bob Peters

I finally pulled the trigger on a browning 725 feather. 6.5 pounds, aluminum receiver with steel plated breech face. 12 gauge 28" barrels. I'll start the season with it, and if all goes well with it end the season with it too. I've had a few misfires the last 3 seasons with my semi-auto, or jams maybe I should say. It'll be nice to know she'll go bang when I pull the trigger. And if I can't hit $hit with this one, maybe I'll finally break down and buy an old sweet 16 made by fabrique national back in Belgium in the old days.

Attachments

• MMM05398.jpg
    MMM05398.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 41
  • MMM05376.jpg
    MMM05376.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 40
  • MMM05372 (1).jpg
    MMM05372 (1).jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 43
  • MMM05425.jpg
    MMM05425.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 41
I finally pulled the trigger on a browning 725 feather. 6.5 pounds, aluminum receiver with steel plated breech face. 12 gauge 28" barrels. I'll start the season with it, and if all goes well with it end the season with it too. I've had a few misfires the last 3 seasons with my semi-auto, or jams maybe I should say. It'll be nice to know she'll go bang when I pull the trigger. And if I can't hit $hit with this one, maybe I'll finally break down and buy an old sweet 16 made by fabrique national back in Belgium in the old days.
Sweet! I've got the 20ga version with 28" barrels.

Is that the standard engraving on a feather?
For the 725 feather in 12 yes it is. Roosters on one side of the action, mallards on the other. The 20 I think has ruffled grouse and quail. I've got an assortment of ammo all in 12 gauge. I think what I'm gonna mainly put through this gun is #5 lead 1 1/4ounce at 1220-1330 fps. I know when you're hunting and shooting at game recoil might not be noticed as much, but I'm planning on sending all the hot stuff I have through my gas semi. Hot and heavy loads through a fixed breech gun I'm not sure I'd like that:(. Oh hell, I'll probably try it once just to say I did.

:sick:

Beautiful gun! I've been eye balling one of those myself. Do you happen to know if it is cast neutral, or to the right? I've been told different things by guys in different Scheels stores, and I haven't been able to find much online.

Beautiful gun! I've been eye balling one of those myself. Do you happen to know if it is cast neutral, or to the right? I've been told different things by guys in different Scheels stores, and I haven't been able to find much online.
You could call Browning too. I've found their gunsmith guys to be helpful over the years.

The gun has a very slight cast at the toe of the stock. This has been the case with most, maybe all of the brownings I've ever seen new in a store? It is not much and I shoot left and the gun fits me fine. The difference vs. italian guns, they will have a significant amount of cast on the entire stock. I've picked up berettas and there's so much cast I'm looking down the right side of both barrels. To this point in my life the few guns I've ever bought they've all been in person because I want to handle and mount it first before purchase. If you close your eyes and mount it, then see how the barrels line up for you, you'll have a good idea on it. So far I've put 5 boxes of shells through mine and all good. Can't wait to get it out hunting.

The gun has a very slight cast at the toe of the stock. This has been the case with most, maybe all of the brownings I've ever seen new in a store? It is not much and I shoot left and the gun fits me fine. The difference vs. italian guns, they will have a significant amount of cast on the entire stock. I've picked up berettas and there's so much cast I'm looking down the right side of both barrels. To this point in my life the few guns I've ever bought they've all been in person because I want to handle and mount it first before purchase. If you close your eyes and mount it, then see how the barrels line up for you, you'll have a good idea on it. So far I've put 5 boxes of shells through mine and all good. Can't wait to get it out hunting.
Thanks for the info! I'll be in Reed's a few times next week. I'm guessing they will have one in stock.

Back