New from WI

Hey all,

As my username says, I'm a new pheasant hunter in western WI. I went pheasant hunting for the first time last November (2014) with my father in-law and brother in-law and had a blast and can't wait to go again this year. I don't have a shotgun yet, but I borrow my father in-law's 1187. I joined because I don't enjoy being a lurker, but I know I'm going to have a lot questions in the future as I grow has a upland hunter with aspirations of hunting pheasant and ruffed grouse yearly.

Thanks for letting me join!

Welcome to the site and the sport.

I've learned from my mistakes, most of the time. Some mistakes I just keep like old friends. :)

Dogs, guns, gauges, sites, shot sizes, shot material, boots, cold weather gear and even vehicles are all part of the world of knowledge that can comprise an interest in pheasant hunting.

But no printed words can supplant the knowledge gained by doing what you've already started: hunting with folks who are safe and you trust.

My very best wishes.

:thumbsup:

Welcome aboard don't be shy I can't wait to help with your questions if I can and share stories just make sure you check the Wisconsin page tons of go info there.

Remtech

Welcome. Great to hear of new hunters joining the ranks. Lots of good guys here with a lot of knowledge.

Great to see another Wisconsin person here. This is a great board, full of knowledge and info. Welcome!

Back