New from MN

JDThorstad

Howdy,

I'm Joel, I live about 30miles north of St Paul, MN. I am an avid bird hunter and am involved with Pheasants Forever, Ruffed Grouse Society, and Ducks Unlimited. This seems like a pretty nice site, looking forward to conversing with all of ya!

JD Thorstad

welcome to the site. Is 30 min north af St Paul Pine City?? Do you have a Dog??

Welcome to UPH, Nice to see you here, hope you like to post, we would like to learn more about you...........Bob

Pine City is about 30min north of me, I live in Centerville/Hugo Area. Yes I do have a dog, I have a 3 year old Black lab female named Dutch. She is a waterfowl finatic, however, she weighs 43lbs and is a superstar in the field and woods...its almost like runnin a springer because of her size. She's a lot of fun. I also may be picking up a GSP from Willow Creek in June. Training and raising gundogs is a big part of my life, not to mention using them for they're intended purpose.

The winter was a little harsh down here, but worse up north. I'm originally from the Britt, IA area, near Mason City and I know they had more snow and colder weather than we had. I haven't been able to get back up there for a few months and actually check some spots I always see birds because of snow storms the weekends I have off. I'll be able to give you a better report after this next weekend though. Where did you find your black lab? I've been looking for a smaller lab and found some British labs up in Minnesota that are a little smaller from most of the descriptions.

Boy Joel, you bring back memories. Back in the 1955-56 era. My father-in-law had a farm on Centerville Rd. and County Road H2. That was not to far from Centerville. I don't think a lot of that is still there for the Super Highway took out a lot of his farm. What was not lost to the Highway is now houses..............Bob

Enjoy the site:) You going to let me know when the ducks are coming my way. How was your duck season? I live west of VZWman, and I don't think we lost to many birds.

VZ, I sure hope your birds are alright, despite the heavy snow and the hard ice crust in mid winter, our birds seemed to have done alright. I got Dutch from Pinewood Kennels in Paynesville. Her size is somewhat of a fluke however, her sire and dam were both very large labs, sire was 115. She was not a runt, and never had a health issue...just small I guess. When you are ready for a pup let me know, I am an amateur trainer and come from a field trialing family so I have visited a lot of kennels and seen the dogs first hand. Also, my girl Dutch may be bred in April to Fischer's Watermark Rex MH QAA, six pups are spoken for right now through other trainers and kennels but you never know. Bob, I wish your grandfather's farm were still around, and not the houses that occupy it now. I live on Centerville Rd, in Centerville, next door to the farm I worked on in High School. Even they are losing ground every year to developements.

VZ, I have pit stopped, played a round of golf, and had a dewars n water in the little town of Britt, IA. My sister lived there while she went to school at NIACC and worked at the golf course. Cap, what ducks? Ha, when we get a good push this fall I'll let you know. Hopefully they wont get shortstopped in Rochester for ya.

Welcome JD, hope you enjoy the site and join in on all the fun.:cheers:

Welcome.

Enjoy the site. I was raised down towars Faribault & live near Lake Superior.
Do get out to the Dakotas hunting Phez. each year.

Back