New from Colorado

Young Guns 10

Been hunting upland birds in Kansas for more 20 years. Been reading posts from all over and I think that this site is great. I look forward to reading more posts and sharing stories.

Welcome to the fourm--- post often, lots of good info here---enjoy:cheers:

hello from ireland

hello everyone out their been hunting pheasants in Ireland for35years I am a red setter man hoping to chat to use bird dog people out their .

Welcome YG, where in Colo are you located?:cheers:

Spend a lot of time in S.W. Kansas!!! Hope they get some moisture soon and plenty of the slow steady rains!!! Not much to do in Penrose!!! Are you working at the Prison in CC ???:cheers:

Mostly in Lane and Gove counties!!! Stay in Dighton most of the time with friends!!!

I agree about the moisture. Four of us went out the last weekend and the dogs was working pretty hard to catch scent. We were able to get 14 on Saturday but it was sun up to sun down. I was out two other times this year the first hunt was youth weekend. We try to take as many kids out as we can with a parent per kid and then opening weekend. I think that the reason we did well last weekend was that the birds had not been hunted hard. The motel we stay at said that they had been slow all year so that explains it. We did see a lot of hens so that is one good sign for next year.

Back