New Boots

webguy

UPH Owner/Founder
Staff member
Alright its been 4 years, time to buy new upland boots. Anyone got any Insulated Gore-Tex favorites?

irish setter....wingshooters...got a pair this last season and i loved them...got them on e-bay and they were a steal!

Call me a non-traditionalist but I usually just wear low-rise Servus Northerners (about $30 at most Farm Supply stores) over my Asolo hiking boots. My feet are always warm and dry and the Asolo's provide great ankle support. This combination's heavier than most upland hunting boots but it works for me and I get double-duty use out my hiking boots.

OK, Reality Check: I'm too cheap to spend $200 on a pair of quality upland hunting boots and I really don't do that much hiking any more, so I'm really just trying to squeeze some more life out of my hiking boots. This combination does get the job done for me though.

JMB

Last edited:
John, I am about as cheap as they come. Nice post... I'll take that in consideration.

However, I would buy you a beer.

However, I would buy you a beer.

Murray5.jpg

I use Irish Setter Big Game Trackers after my brother-law-recommended them to me. He used to wear a fitted rubber boot, much like the ones you see in stores like Cabelas, made by Sorel until they went out of business. They needed a waterproof boot for the type of country where they hunt ptarmigan. He uses the Big game Trackers and his buddies another model that is about 16-17" high. The ground sometimes has large areas of bog which can be like really wet grass and others that are 2 foot deep holes or lttle creeks. So the boots they wear have to be waterproof. Here are a couple pictures of some of the country they hunt.

DSC001201a.jpg

DSC001171a.jpg

All the yellow grassy areas are bog.

Back