Never Know Till You Ask

Miforester

Bella made a great retrieve this November in SD. My buddy and i dropped two bluebills and his lab went aftrr his and mine was still alive. I went to my truck let Bella out and walk down to my closet point to the duck and made a luck ahot to kill it. Now i had to figure out how to get Bella to see it and reteieve, no roxks close so i threw a loades shell, first throw slipped and was wayward fron the bird. But i told Bella to ferch and she went after it, my next throw was on line but short. Bella changed course to the new splash and then locked in on the bird and the rest is history. We've nevwr worked on a scenario like this before, but she was up for the task and did great in my opinion. She also retrieved a canvasback for me as well but no video of that one. Needless to say i was one proud owner after that first duck retreive.

Nice , having hunted with her I can tell she has a very strong drive to retrieve and a very high prey drive . Congrats on a very fine retrieve !!!

Nice , having hunted with her I can tell she has a very strong drive to retrieve and a very high prey drive . Congrats on a very fine retrieve !!!
Thanks KS, hoping we atill might be able to hunt again this year. The sisters need time together....lol

Good dog!

Bella made a great retrieve this November in SD. My buddy and i dropped two bluebills and his lab went aftrr his and mine was still alive. I went to my truck let Bella out and walk down to my closet point to the duck and made a luck ahot to kill it. Now i had to figure out how to get Bella to see it and reteieve, no roxks close so i threw a loades shell, first throw slipped and was wayward fron the bird. But i told Bella to ferch and she went after it, my next throw was on line but short. Bella changed course to the new splash and then locked in on the bird and the rest is history. We've nevwr worked on a scenario like this before, but she was up for the task and did great in my opinion. She also retrieved a canvasback for me as well but no video of that one. Needless to say i was one proud owner after that first duck retreive.

Had similar thing happen. Hunting geese on Yellowstone during freeze up, ice flowing. Tried to get lab to retrieve a goose he didn't see fall. Threw a stick and it landed on goose. Dog swam out and retrieved the stick :-( To make things worse buddies short hair went and got the goose :-(

Back