Netting

Stromberg's poultry supply, Georgia Game Farm, I am sure others probably with better prices! Be sure to double the top, or Raccoons will defeat it in one evening, use hard wire below, in the ground, deep! or use raised pens, I have gone to this with quail, but not pheasants, eliminates contamination for quail and medication continually. Use the red light signals, fastened around the pen, looks like a bigger predator and the raccoons, possums, skunks, are wary. Overhead will frustrate owls and hawks.

Been checking craigslist. If I only have them for 4 months out of the year can I have them on the same ground each year without worry for disease? Plan on having them gone by December.

Yes, your going to have bouts with cocksidosis no matter what. You just have to medicate. It does not take long for a pen to end up dirt. grass does not last long, unless you put up a huge one and have few birds. growers pens everywhere you go are just dirt. Grass can grow, the birds just eat it. Worse then cattle. Take em out and it starts growing right away again. It gets a bit muddy during spring and rains, but it is what it is. I spread some straw down so they can stay out of the mud in those times. I certainly am not going to move my building and flight pen each year LOL.:thumbsup: Most feed stores will have the medicated chick starter.

I've got a bunch of netting in the past by going to a local golf driving range after their nets began to tear and they began to replace it. Some of it was sun damaged but a lot wasn't and it saves them the expense of taking it to a dump. A golf ball won't go through it and it's good for duck blind building too. It's a limited resource but worth checking out if you see a place. Just a thought from an incurable pack rat.

Back