Need Private Land to Hunt on.

Birdman2

I have been a member here for several years. Typically I hunt by myself or with one other hunter. I am looking for private ground to hunt Quail on this year. Probably only hunt 1 time on this land. I will pay a reasonable trespass fee.

Stats:

66 years old
Hunted for 50+ years
Respect land and will take care of your fences, gates, etc.
Will obey all Hunting Laws.

Please pm if you have land I can hunt on.

I really dislike the idea of out of staters coming here to pay a trespass fee to hunt. I’d just as soon stay like we have been or as close to. Knock on doors after thanksgiving and get access for free with just a hand shake and small gift of appreciation of some sort like a ham or bottle of good bourbon.

Lots of game farms to pay to hunt on. I’m in no way bagging on you just saying you can come here and hunt without paying a fee with a little scouting time.

I really dislike the idea of out of staters coming here to pay a trespass fee to hunt. I’d just as soon stay like we have been or as close to. Knock on doors after thanksgiving and get access for free with just a hand shake and small gift of appreciation of some sort like a ham or bottle of good bourbon.

Lots of game farms to pay to hunt on. I’m in no way bagging on you just saying you can come here and hunt without paying a fee with a little scouting time.

Agreed. The more they are willing to pay, the more land locked access becomes.

I have been a member here for several years. Typically I hunt by myself or with one other hunter. I am looking for private ground to hunt Quail on this year. Probably only hunt 1 time on this land. I will pay a reasonable trespass fee.

Stats:

66 years old
Hunted for 50+ years
Respect land and will take care of your fences, gates, etc.
Will obey all Hunting Laws.

Please pm if you have land I can hunt on.

sets a bad precedent for hand shake permission which so many of us enjoy.......please refrain.

I don't agree. If someone wants to let someone hunt their private property for a trespass fee more power to them. The OP was respectful and I have no problem with his post. He wasn't one of some of you guys who bash farmers on one hand, and then show up at my door wanting to hunt on the other. I have never charged anyone to hunt, but I am way more likely to let someone like this guy hunt then a lot of the farmer bashers on here. And then you have the doom and gloom locals who have never seen a good pheasant hatch, all done to try and keep their free local hunting to themselves.

I don't agree. If someone wants to let someone hunt their private property for a trespass fee more power to them. The OP was respectful and I have no problem with his post. He wasn't one of some of you guys who bash farmers on one hand, and then show up at my door wanting to hunt on the other. I have never charged anyone to hunt, but I am way more likely to let someone like this guy hunt then a lot of the farmer bashers on here. And then you have the doom and gloom locals who have never seen a good pheasant hatch, all done to try and keep their free local hunting to themselves.

I'm interested to hear who on this forum would be so bold as to bash farmers and then ask you to hunt on your land. Names?

I'm interested to hear who on this forum would be so bold as to bash farmers and then ask you to hunt on your land. Names?

Do you read this forum? It's not just my land, the fact they will bash farmers on one hand, but they will still ask them to hunt on the other and complain when they get turned down. Just so you guys know I am serious, I invited the OP to come hunt quail. He will have free access to more ground than he can cover for free.

Last edited:
Do you read this forum? It's not just my land, the fact they will bash farmers on one hand, but they will still ask them to hunt on the other and complain when they get turned down. Just so you guys know I am serious, I invited the OP to come hunt quail. He will have free access to more ground than he can cover for free.

I check in to it occasionally, but don't spend an overwhelming amount of time on the board as I have a lot of other interests/things to do.

Farmers aren't above reproach, same as everyone else. I've always said that veterans, of which I am one, can be the biggest complainers, followed by farmers in a close second.

Kudos to you for reaching out to the guy and offering to let him hunt your land for free. I think many of us are just average joes that love to bird hunt and we'd hate to see land in Kansas move to a trespass fee basis like SD or leased up like Texas. I'm guessing most of us can't afford to buy land in Western Kansas so that we have a place to bird hunt.

Last edited:

I don't see much farmer bashing on this forum, but than I'm insensitive and clueless, at least according to my wife.A big thumbs up to inviting the OP to come and hunt. That is what should happen with forums like this, help each other to enjoy our sport more. I did grow up in a farming community and know the work involved and the problems that come with it. Left there at 17 and didn't look back.

I don't see much farmer bashing on this forum, but than I'm insensitive and clueless, at least according to my wife.A big thumbs up to inviting the OP to come and hunt. That is what should happen with forums like this, help each other to enjoy our sport more. I did grow up in a farming community and know the work involved and the problems that come with it. Left there at 17 and didn't look back.

Yes you have to love to farm to be there. I have lot's of friends that grew up and farms and left. Sometimes I wonder if that wouldn't have been better. lol

Last edited:
Then what would you be doing? You can’t get your farming blood out of your system. Known you way too long. You probably kiss your tractors good night. LOL

I invited the OP to come hunt quail. He will have free access to more ground than he can cover for free.

Very generous of you. :10sign:

Back