ND Hunter safety

bbasil

I'm a little confused by the ND hunter safety requirement for non residents. Do I need to complete their course to hunt pheasant? It appears I do as I was born after 1961. As a Wisconsin resident born before 1973 Im not required to have taken hunter safety in WI.

Last edited:
No different than than COL requiring it for big-game...
I think it is a great idea, but not just for the younger hunters. From what I've seen in the field, exempting the "older ones" is a big mistake, as most younger hunters are much more careful than the older group! Many of the older hunters I've seen either forgot how to be safe or are just too careless/complacent.

You can take the hunter safety where your at.
It will be good in ND.

I'm a little confused by the ND hunter safety requirement for non residents. Do I need to complete their course to hunt pheasant? It appears I do as I was born after 1961. As a Wisconsin resident born before 1973 Im not required to have taken hunter safety in WI.

You could do a Wisconsin Hunter safety, doesn't have to be ND.

They also have a hunters apprentice program, where once in your life you can buy a hunting license as long as you hunt with someone who has their hunters safety. I have a buddy who is almost 30, and with work, school, and military, e hasn't found time to get his hunters safety. This year he will be my apprentice :), and he will get his hunters safety next year.

Back