ND hunt requirement

Flushedup

I am sure this has been hashed over here before but I couldn't find it so sorry in advance.. :)

The gf site keeps referring to a fishing, hunting, furbearer certificate... What is that, or do they issue that when you buy your license? Anything else I need to know to be legal to hunt there? We are switching Dakotas this year - never been in NoDak

Thanks!

all you need to hunt ND is a 14 day small game License. It allows you to hunt two separate 7 day periods, these days can be changed as long as they haven't occurred yet. This allows you to Hunt upland birds.

for Non residents it cost 100 bucks I think. and there is a general game you need to get. for around 25 bucks.

So it cost 125 bucks to hunt small game (upland Birds). for 14 days in ND.

U can also buy a waterfowl license or a furbearers license for additional.

Here is the website to do this. after you create an account it saves your info, which makes it really easy to come back and get your license every year. also if you ever have to reprint your current license it is real easy to do so.

https://apps.nd.gov/gnf/onlineservices/lic/publicLogin.htm

Jim

Also the main difference in Hunting ND vs SD. Is in ND if both sides of the road are Posted you can't hunt the road. If one side is posted you can hunt the ditch that isn't posted. Where as, in SD you can hunt the ditches if they are posted.

I think that is the main difference between the two states, but there are great threads on this site with info like that. I know I have learned a lot being on this site.

Where you hunting in ND?

Jim

We are literally just moving across the border, will be between Zeeland and Ashley somewhere. We were only about 30 miles south of there prior and our place we stayed at got too commercial for us.

My cousin's co worker has a sister with a few places to stay out there and we are looking forward to trying out something new. It had been 10 years at the same place.

Thanks for your response. I am hoping the birds will be similar, maybe better with a few less hunters at the new place. ;)

Do the landowners have colored signs that are easy to see, or old weathered ones usually?

I know the Ashley area well, I hunt a little north of there.

Landowners are a mixed bag-IMO. Some do a really nice job with there signage, some not so good. Hardest thing is to figure out where the landowner lives and how to get a hold of him. But I assume similar issues can be found in SD. On our land North of there I use Orange signs so its real easy to see. Just makes sense imo.

there will be plenty of birds in that area for your group. I haven't hunted the area in 5 years, so not sure of the public land down there.

In ND they have a P.L.O.T.S. program. (public land open to sportsmen).

it is a bunch of walk in areas that are private land that is open to the public. I have had great success on those places.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Thanks, I have been doing a bunch of research and looking at the PLOTS maps that are online... seems like there is only about 5 pieces for a 25 mile radius in this area. May have to drive a bit north or west to do some scouting if things don't pan out around the home base area.

3+ months... :eek: I gotta quit thinking about this for a while or I'm gonna drive myself crazy :D

Thanks Jim, good luck this year.

Back