ND Dry Spell

Labs

This hot dry spell we're having in SW ND isn't doing the crops or my food plot any good. I'm of a mind to plow it under, wife figures we might as well leave it be until spring...

Well, even if it was all weeds, I wouldn't plow it under, I hope you aren't serious about that. Deal with it in the spring and try again. Weeds will be a different type of potential food source and cover. I am in NW IA, we started with good moisture in the ground, but very little rain this summer, that didn't doom our plots....it was ground squirrels of all things! Not sure how to deal with them, planted some of the plots 3 times...they were hungry.

no I won't plow under as there are some weeds etc. And I alternate plot locations year to year so next year this year's food plots will grow heavy weeds/sweet clover etc so I keep diversity on the farm that way......pays off as I usually have 100+ birds on 80 acres. For the first time I have seen ever I have a covey of Huns also. Always a few turkeys but haven't seen one this year yet.

Back