NCK Turkey

BritChaser

NCK? North central Kansas. My cousin has about a mile of the east side of the Republican River, terrific deer and turkey habitat. Been lucky there on turkey for years. Set up yesterday evening at about 5:30. Didn't see any birds but lots of whitetails came out to graze. Several does clocked me. Finally, at about 7:30 one - the only turkey I saw - came out of the trees along the creek bordering the east side of the field. He came toward my calls, then spotted my decoys, and kept coming. Now cooling in the garage. It was a beautiful evening to boot with a big red-tailed hawk swooping around on the hunt for dinner.

NCK? North central Kansas. My cousin has about a mile of the east side of the Republican River, terrific deer and turkey habitat. Been lucky there on turkey for years. Set up yesterday evening at about 5:30. Didn't see any birds but lots of whitetails came out to graze. Several does clocked me. Finally, at about 7:30 one - the only turkey I saw - came out of the trees along the creek bordering the east side of the field. He came toward my calls, then spotted my decoys, and kept coming. Now cooling in the garage. It was a beautiful evening to boot with a big red-tailed hawk swooping around on the hunt for dinner.
Congratulations. I was able to decapitate a 22 lb.bird this morning.Turkey hunting is a blast, no pun intended. I called in this bird in the early morning.

Back